In line with best practices in corporate governance, there are five (5) strongly structured Board Committees in North South Power Company Limited to meet the objectives of its business. The Board Committees provide oversight on the Management of the Company and are composed of the right-mix of directors. The Board Committees meet at least quarterly to deliberate on matters affecting the company and report accordingly to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors also meet at least quarterly to deliberate on matters affecting the Company and take strategic decisions. Each Board Committee is led by well qualified and experienced personalities. The Audit and Risk Management Committee is led by an independent director.
The following are the Board Committees in North South Power Company Limited;
- Finance and General-Purpose Committee.
- Technical and Operations Committee.
- Remuneration and Human Resources Committee.
- Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Safety, Health and Environment Committee.